Crawlspace Waterproofing: 5 Easy Ways to Keep Your Crawlspace Dry, Marietta, GA
A crawlspace is a space below the floor of a house or building. It is used for storage, and it can also be used as a living space. It may also be referred to as a basement in some parts of North America and Australia, although this term more commonly refers to an area that was originally intended to be habitable but has been abandoned and left unfinished. For your crawlspace to be habitable you need to consider crawlspace waterproofing services.
How to Keep Your Basement Dry for Good
Basements are notorious for being damp, which is why it’s important to consider crawlspace waterproofing your crawl space. This can be done by using a material like polyethylene or polypropylene. If you’re planning on living in your basement for a long time, it’s also a good idea to install a dehumidifier.
Different Kinds of Basement Water Damage
Basement flooding is a serious issue that can cause a lot of damage to your home. It is important to know the different types of basement water damage before you start repairing it. There are two major types of basement water damage: flood and seepage. Flooding occurs when the water rises above ground level, while seepage happens when the water flows through cracks in your foundation and walls.
5 Easy Ways to Keep Your Crawlspace Dry and Protected from Floods
In case of a flood, your crawlspace is the first place that water will come in. So, it is important to keep it dry and protected from floods. Here are 5 easy ways to do so:
1) Seal up any cracks or gaps in the ceiling and walls of your crawlspace with caulk or expanding foam.
2) Install a sump pump to remove any standing water from your crawlspace in case of a flood.
3) Place a bucket under each drain pipe to collect excess water flowing into them.
4) Install an overflow pipe on top of your sump pump’s discharge pipe and place a bucket beneath this overflow as well.
5) Cover all electrical outlets with plastic bags or tape so that they cannot be flooded.
Now you understand how to keep your crawlspace dry. The best way to do that is by seeking the help of a professional crawlspace waterproofing expert. The best thing about hiring a professional is that they know what they are doing and will be able to provide the best possible service for your needs.