Basement Foundation Repair in Marietta GA
‘Foundation repair’ is not something most people want to think about when it comes to their home. However, it is not something that should be put on hold. Some foundation issues are structural and need to be repaired right away. Other issues are not as severe, but still need to be inspected and repaired by a professional. If you are concerned that you might need basement foundation repair but aren’t sure if you need to act now, here are some things to consider.
- What is the age of your home? A large crack in a new foundation may be more serious than a small crack in an older foundation.
- Are there visible cracks in the basement foundation? A visible crack is different from bowing in the walls, but both may be concerned.
- Where are the cracks located? Are they vertical or horizontal? Vertical and horizontal cracks in your foundation may indicate structural issues and should be inspected by a professional. It will be helpful to indicate the position of the crack(s) when you call.
- Is there visible water leakage or water damage?
- What is the width of the crack? Even small cracks can let in termites.
You can use this list to gather general information about the health of your foundation. If you are still unsure if you need to the foundation repair or not, contact us for a free inspection today. We will assess the overall condition of your basement foundation and give you a complete report and plan of action to solve your problem.